Authorized Payer Access
Students have the ability to create Authorized Payer accounts for parents, grandparents, or anyone a student wishes to authorize to view, pay, or create a payment plan for the students Tuition and Housing bill. Authorized Payers will not receive University notifications in regard to due dates or other information, all University correspondence is sent to the student’s University email address (umail).
How to setup an Authorized Payer:
- Student must Login to CIS
- Select Tuition & Loans Tile
- Select Payment and Payment Plans
- Select Authorize Payers
- Select +Add New
- Complete Authorized Payer Information and Save
**Please note that at the beginning of this set up, students will be agreeing to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) to grant permission for the Authorized Payer to view their accounts, and make payments to their accounts.
Family Education Right to Privacy ActPIN
Student records at The University of Utah are governed by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and its implementing regulations. A student must authorize the University of Utah to release information to any 3rd party, such as a spouse or parent, whether over the phone, in person, or electronically. These records include, but are not limited to, Financial Aid, Scholarships, Tuition, Registrar Records, Housing Residential Education, and Academic Advising records.Note: If you request information to be released to your email account, the information will be sent to your UMail account.
FERPA Pin Instructions:
- Go to your CIS
- Click on the icon that looks like this:(Your name and your student number will be under the icon.)
- Click on the FERPA Consent to Release Form link on the left navigation menu. It will be the second from the bottom.
- Read the Release Form.
- Select which campus departments can release the student's information.
- Create a PIN to verify access.
- Create a list of names and email addresses to which Universityagencies are authorized to share information.
- Give your PIN number to the individuals you've authorized to view your records.
- Remember your PIN number because you will be required to share your PIN when contacting campus departments.