- 1st half classes: Sections of classes that meet only during the first half of the semester.
- 2nd half classes: Sections of classes that meet only during the second half of the semester.
- Balance Due Hold: This is a hold placed on a student’s account with an outstanding balance that prevents registration.
- Matriculation: the action or process, that is enrolling, at a college or university.
- Non-resident: Means any student who has not resided in Utah for 12 continuous months prior to the term for which resident student status is being sought or has not been classified as a resident by the admission office.
- Resident: Means the student has resided in Utah for 12 continuous months prior to the term for which resident student status is being sought. Residency classification must be applied for and approved by the admissions office.
- Semester length classes: Sections of classes that meet during the entire semester (full length).
- Withdrawn classes: After the deadline to drop classes has passed, students can still withdraw from a class they no longer wish to attend and receive a grade of W. The W does not affect their GPA and the W will be permanent on their record. No refunds are processed on withdrawn classes. However, students may complete and submit a tuition appeal for consideration for refund under extenuating circumstances.