Tuition and Housing charges for Fall 2022 are due by September 2nd, 2022. Failure to pay tuition and housing charges by the due date could result in classes being deleted from the academic record.
Please contact your 529 provider and request they mail us a check. Please plan ahead as this process can take a few weeks. The tuition history statement is available in CIS, should the plan require a statement. Please ask them to include the students name and UNID to ensure proper credit to account.
Checks should be mailed to:
Income Accounting and Student Loan Services
201 South 1460 East room 165
Salt Lake City, Utah 84112
Students and authorized payers have the option to enroll in either a 5-month or 4-month, semester length payment plan. Only one payment plan per account is possible.
- Enrollment is completed online per semester and available for a $35.00 enrollment fee.
- Payments are automatically charged (debited) to specified payment method on the 22nd of each month. Failed payments are retried on the 7th of the following month.
- Payment plans allow students/authorized payers to continue to pay the tuition and housing charges after the Tuition & Housing due date has past.
- Payment plans in good standing exempt the student from the balance due hold.
- As per your payment plan agreement with Nelnet, failed payments are assessed a $30.00 failed payment fee by Nelnet.
- If the reattempt fails, the plan is terminated and you will be assessed a $75.00 payment plan late fee by the University of Utah. The balance is immediately due in full.
- Payment plan balances will be automatically decreased to prevent overpayments. If you require an increase to balance, please contact us either by phone at (801) 581-7344 or by email to request the increase.
- Depending on enrollment date you may be required to estimate tuition and housing.
- If you wish to terminate the payment plan early, with a balance remaining, you will be subject to the regular billing terms of the University. Which will cause the balance to be due immediately, a hold placed on registration, transcripts and diploma, and assessed a $75.00 payment plan late fee. No penalty is applied to payment plans paid off in full before the final payment and will be automatically terminated on the next scheduled payment date.
Payment Plan Options per semester
|Length||Applies to||Enrollment Available||Down Payment Required|
|5-month||Fall Semester||June 14th-July 20th||NONE|
|Spring Semester||November 14th-December 20th||NONE|
|4-month||Fall Semester||July 21st-September 1st||25%|
|Spring Semester||December 21st-January 20th||25%|
|3-month||Summer Semester||May 1st-May 24th||33%|
Payment Plan Enrollment Instructions for Students PDF
Payment Plan Enrollment Instructions for Authorized Payers
For International students that wish to wire money from abroad, we have partnered with FlyWire, which offers multiple payment options for most countries. This can be completed online and utilized for both tuition and housing payments.
FLYWIRE CUSTOMER SUPPORT INFORMATION
Phone: (617) 207-7076
US Toll-Free: 1-800-346-9252
Intended only for students without financial aid or funds available to enroll in a payment plan.
Enrollment is completed online only and requires a $15.00 application fee and a credit check.
Promissory notes for these loans will be emailed to your University email address. Please use your University umail address when you return the scanned copies of your signed promissory note and your University ID card, and email to email@example.com.
Students eligibility is based upon the following criteria:
- A good credit bureau rating.
- A cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or better.
- No “holds” from the Financial Aid Office or “holds” that prevent registration.
- Have U.S. Citizenship or be an eligible non-citizen.
- Matriculated to the University in a degree-seeking program or in academic counseling.
- Registered with a minimum half-time class schedule. 6 hours as an undergraduate,
5 hours as a graduate or registered in thesis courses 6970-6989, 7970-7989 or 7920.
- Must be at least 18 years of age, or you will be required to have a co-signer.
- Not in default on a loan.
- Should not appear on the Student Loan Office bad-check list.
Book Loans for Fall 2022 are available August 15th -November 11th. The available loan amount is up to $450.00
Tuition ONLY loans are available for Fall 2022 from August 22nd-September 2nd. The loan amount will be for the current balance due on the tuition account.
- Application, fee paid, and promissory note must be completed by 4:45 pm on September 2nd to be eligible.
Interest of 1% begins to accrue monthly on Tuition/Book loans on October 15th, 2022 for Fall Semester.
We accept a multitude of third-party vouchers and these must be submitted by the tuition due date.
Vouchers can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include some detail, name, and UNID in the subject line so that we may forward the voucher to the appropriate party for processing.
These include, but are not limited to:
- Vocational Rehab
- Larry H. Miller Educational Foundation
- Williams International
- Saccamanno Higher Education
- ASEE (American Society of Engineering Education)
International Sponsored Students with financial guarantees are processed by the International Student & Scholar Services Please visit ISSS for more information.
International Sponsored Students taking ELI should submit Financial Guarantees directly to the English Language Institute.
AmeriCorps recipients should make award requests via AmeriCorps. AmeriCorps will notify the University of the amount requested, so we may confirm the award amount and ensure compliance with AmeriCorps regulations.
- For student tuition accounts without financial aid, the award would be accepted and applied to pay for tuition and books, up to the amount that has been requested, not to exceed the amount of tuition charged, and the book allowance.
- For student tuition accounts with financial aid, the student’s cost of attendance would be considered to determine what, if any, amount can be awarded to their tuition account, and for their book allowance.
- Student’s wanting AmeriCorps awards for more than tuition charges and book allowances, will need to contact Income Accounting & Student Loan Services and make a request. The student’s total cost of attendance will be used to determine additional award funds.
- If a student is a non-degree seeking, and taking only Continuing Education Course, the Tuition charges only are eligible for an AmeriCorps award. To receive additional AmeriCorps awards for other expenses, receipts and a copy of the syllabus stating the needed supplies is required
- AFROTC: AFROTC will provide a list of participating students to Income Accounting and Student Loan Services each term.
- ArmyIgnited: Student must apply directly through ArmyIgnited
- Chapter 31 & 33: please contact University of Utah office of Veteran Services.
- Ft Lewis: Ft Lewis will provide a list of participating students to Income Accounting and Student Loan Services each term.
- Hill AFB: Using A/I portal, submit AFRC Form 27.
- Navy BUMED: Navy BUMED will provide a list of participating students to Income Accounting and Student Loan Services each term.
- NROTC: Please contact the Department of Navel Science.
- Randolph AFB: Student must submit Authorization/Agreement NSN 7540-01-008-3901 to Income Accounting and Student Loan Services each term.
- US Navy/Marines: Student must submit Tuition Assistance Authorization/Voucher to Income Accounting and Student Loan Services each term.
- Utah National Guard: Student must submit UTNG STA Form 1 with Control # to Income Accounting and Student Loan Services each term.
- Wright Patterson AFB: Wright Patterson AFB will provide a list of participating students to Income Accounting and Student Loan Services each term.
Additional Information can be found by visiting the University of Utah office of Veteran Services.