Student Service Fees:
- A Matriculation fee is charged once to all undergraduate students entering the University of Utah. This fee covers the cost of new student orientation, credits and graduation evaluation, and registration with the Career and Professional Development Center.
- A Student Success fee charged each semester pays for undergraduate student services that have a proven impact on increasing retention and completion, as well as fostering a successful transition from college to career or to graduate school.
- The Mandatory Student fee pays for services like computing, transportation, athletics, etc. A full breakdown of this fee is available from OBIA.
- An International Student Surcharge is charged each semester to International Students to pay for International Student support services.
- Special Course Fees- For those courses requiring them, special fees are shown in the Class Schedule next to the course meeting time, location, and instructor name. These fees are paid at the same time as tuition and typically pay for items needed to be successful in a particular course, such as laboratory equipment, art supplies, etc.
- All unpaid account balances after the tuition and housing due date will be charged a 20% late fee, not to exceed $75.
- If a student/authorized payer has entered into a payment plan agreement, a failed payment will be assessed a $30.00 fee. Failed payments will automatically be retried on the 7th of the following month. If the retry attempt fails, this will result in a default of the payment plan agreement. Defaulted payment plans will cause the balance to be due immediately, a registration hold will be placed on the student’s account, and a late fee of $75.00 will be charged.